- Senior Database Administrator
- Commensurate with experience, scope of work and location
- Considering local candidates with US Citizenship only.
- Employer will not sponsor applicants for work visas for this position.
- Position requires an active DoD TOP Secret Clearance.
The objective of this team effort will be to provide Application Management (APM) Services for four USASOC Units; the USASOC G6, USASOC G6 Sensitive Activities (SA) Branch, and the 160th Special Operations Aviation Regiment (SOAR), and the U.S Army Special Operations Supply Support Activity (ARSOSSA). The work will include onsite support to develop, administer, and maintain portal, web, applications, and database development that span Non-Secure Internet Protocol Router Network (NIPRNET)/Secure Internet Protocol Router Network (SIPRNET)/ACCM /SAP classification levels in full accordance with Department of Defense (DoD) and organization regulations, directives, and customer procedures.
The team will provide portal, web, application, and database development and maintenance services in developing net centric applications to support functionally diverse business processes used in support of USASOC and its’ subordinate units including their tactical operations. Support the development, migration, testing, documentation, integration, and maintenance of current and legacy applications, including Government Off-the-Shelf (GOTS) / Commercial Off-the-Shelf (COTS) products to support USASOC business needs for: Web-based software, applications and content; Databases, database software, applications and content; Application support for the development, migration, testing, documentation, integration, and maintenance of current and legacy GOTS/COTS software and new Applications
- Manages the design; development; implementation and administration of databases
- Directly; and through subordinates; manages the design; development and administration of databases and their supporting infrastructure.
- Develops and implements standard practices for administering enterprise databases and monitoring solutions.
- Creates and maintains operational and strategic plans that support established business goals.
- Establishes controls and procedures that ensure the quality; security and availability of enterprise data.
- Establishes and maintains DBA group service offerings and customer service level agreements.
- Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology; evaluating the benefits of adopting new products; services and methods.
- Participates in special projects as required.
As a Sr DBA on this program, you will use your expertise and experience in the following areas and activities to deliver solutions and services to our customer:
- DBA will focus on Database performance optimization, tuning, and monitoring services to ensure optimal performance, reliability and data integrity.
- Review and assess existing enterprise data-driven applications, to support new features, performance improvements, upgrades, and ongoing sustainment
- Analyze large, complex systems to determine performance bottlenecks, application bugs, and opportunities to improve efficiency
- Capture and analyze database activity to identify improvements in indexing, file structure, maintenance processes, and query performance
- Plan and conduct database assessments that examine DBMS and database configuration and performance
- Identify areas of instability and deviations from best practices with database components
- Participate in performance, load, and stress testing, and remediation of issues identified
- Participate in security architecture reviews of large enterprise systems
- Lead efforts to design and implement changes to data models for new and existing applications
- Participate in all aspects of the application lifecycle: requirements analysis & definition, system design, implementation, testing, deployment, and sustainment
- Participate in activities that ensure the successful use of these systems including: developing documentation, test scripts, and training materials
EXPERIENCE AND CREDENTIALS:
- Bachelor's degree in an associated discipline preferred
- Experience designing, deploying, and maintaining SQL Server on version
- Proficiency with managing and administering SQL Server installations and databases including: developing maintenance plans, configuring server resources, monitoring performance, configuring instances and databases, and administering security
- Expert level skills designing and implementing redundant and scalable SQL Server infrastructures using technologies including database mirroring, log shipping, replication, Always On Availability Groups, etc.
- Proficiency with SQL Server Integration Services, SQL Server Reporting Services, SQL Profiler, and SQL Server Management Studio
- Proficiency in database tuning and query optimization
- Experience designing, implementing, supporting, and analyzing enterprise scale applications that perform extract/transform/load (ETL) operations with external data sources and SQL Server
- Required experience:
- SQL Server Database performance optimization, and tuning;
- managing and administering SQL Server installations and data;
- SQL Database Performance;
- Experience designing, deploying, and maintaining SQL Server;
- SQL Server Integration Services, Server Reporting Services;
- Seven (7) years of experience in the above listed areas.
- Additional knowledge/skills may be required by contract or assignment
- Will require some travel to CONUS and OCONUS Special Operations locations depending on requests by the customer. May be required to attend off site meetings.
- Excellent communication, effective leadership and interpersonal skills
- Good organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Will be required to undergo and pass applicable background checks.
- Must be a United States Citizen to support this government contract, possess and maintain a current TOP-SECRET level security clearance.
- In accordance with DoD 8570.01 and DoDD 8140.01 “Cyberspace Workforce Management”; Candidate must meet the Information Assurance Management (IAT) Level II requirements by having one of the following certifications: GSEC, Security+ CE, SSCP, CCNA-Sec, Cissp, Cisa, CASP, GCIH, GSEC, or GCED.
- Telecommuting Not Allowed
MILVETS offers an excellent benefits package including Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Life Insurance, Disability Insurance, Vision, 401(k), Paid Time Off.
Applicants for U.S. based positions with MILVETS Systems Technology, Inc. must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
www.dhs.gov/E-Verify E-Verify is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Homeland Security. This business uses E-Verify in its hiring practices to achieve a lawful workforce.
Equal Employment Opportunity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
MILVETS Systems Technology, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and maintains a Drug-Free Workplace.