- Technical Proposal Writer
- Commensurate with experience, scope of work and location
- Business Development Manager
- Considering local candidates with US Citizenship, or Green Card only.
- Employer will not sponsor applicants for work visas for this position.
MILVETS is seeking an experienced Technical Proposal Writer to augment our business development team, with extensive writing background for major DOD and Federal Government RFPs, RFQs, & RFIs. The Proposal Writer will work in a team environment coordinating Federal information technology proposals with a heavy emphasis on above average proficiency in using Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Project) products with the ability to produce publication-quality proposal material in a timely manner. The candidate will be responsible for developing detailed proposal writing and presentation responses to Government Request for Proposals (RFPs) and will provide proposal document oversight under the guidance and direction of the Business Development Manager and Director of Proposal Development. As a prolific writer, the candidate should be capable of producing proposal sections or volumes with minimal assistance from other writers. Works closely with Subject Matter Experts (SME) to ascertain and address specific technical and management details as well as making sure the text is clear, concise, and meets RFP requirements.
The Technical Proposal Writer should have excellent analytical and communications skills, be a team player with high energy and initiative with a basic understanding of technical sales processes. S/he will possess the ability to function independently in a fast-paced working environment to produce publication quality first drafts and who can effectively manage their workload with minimal supervision on word processing, formatting and graphic functions. The Technical Proposal Writer will work with the technical team to help review solicitations, determine strategies for application, develop storyboards, and write the technical proposals. The writer will ensure responses comply with customer requirements and are technically clear and accurate and will work with customers and partners to resolve technical and quality problems within documentation.
- Understanding of networking, IT O&M, help desk/service desk, information security, and PMO concepts
- Assist in analyzing the Request for Proposal (RFP)/bid requirements against the proposal outline to ensure both compliance and responsiveness to the customer’s issues and needs
- Provide written contributions consistent with proposal strategy and themes to deliver responses to Government RFPs, RFQs, RFIs, and Task Order proposal requests
- Prepare the RFP technical compliance matrix
- Direct the creation and review of a proposal outline and or story boards that will be used as key document design and control mediums
- Ensure a smooth flow of information and consistent messaging in proposals by proofing, editing and rewriting all sections of proposals, oral and written presentations, client communications and meeting documents as required
- Develop value propositions and unique strategies that produce deliverable results and ensure alignment with client business objectives
- Design needs analysis reports and write to numerous technical subjects with clarity
- Write and edit proposal for readability, consistency, and appropriate tone
- Collaborate with management team to develop past performance proposal strategy solutions and themes that support the win strategy
- Analyze data to ensure relevancy of past performance to current requirements
- Describe clear, measurable benefits to highlight relevant past performance on similar contracts will produce results for the customer
- Responsible for editing and proofreading of proposal drafts and other related materials to ensure accuracy, clarity, and consistency with company guidelines and standards and customer requirements
- Research and collaborate with subject matter experts and program managers on the most effective way to present program accomplishments
- Write clear, persuasive, and articulate proposal sections; translate program accomplishments into easily understandable text; rewrite and/or review proposal sections and related proposal documents
- Minimize style differences from multiple authors and contributors
- Ability to create style manual and acronym lists
- Ability to manage all phases of a project, (Initiate, Plan, Execute, Control, Close)
- Must be flexible in adapting to deadlines, changing schedules, priorities, and unpredictable events
- Exercises independent judgment in determining courses of action
- Meets proposal deadline by establishing priorities and target dates for information gathering, writing, review, and approval
EXPERIENCE AND CREDENTIALS:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in a related field of study.
- Experience in building compliance matrices for small and large teams a plus.
- Experience with Bid and Proposal process for US Government IT solutions acquisitions.
- Expert level proficiency with MS Office Suite applications including Microsoft Project and Share Point.
- Must have at least ten (10) years relative experience and be able to demonstrate sample work products.
- Strong research experience, organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Familiarity with Federal IT initiatives.
- Must have excellent written and verbal English communication skills. Strong writing, editing, and oral communications skills.
- Will be required to undergo and pass applicable background checks.
MILVETS offers an excellent benefits package including Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Life Insurance, Disability Insurance, Vision, 401(k), Paid Time Off.
Applicants for U.S. based positions with MILVETS Systems Technology, Inc. must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
www.dhs.gov/E-Verify E-Verify is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Homeland Security. This business uses E-Verify in its hiring practices to achieve a lawful workforce.
Equal Employment Opportunity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
MILVETS Systems Technology, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and maintains a Drug-Free Workplace.